Today’s the day!
Enough talking, thinking, planning, and procrastinating. Today’s the day we’re kicking things off properly:
- 6 weeks
- as Primal as possible
We decided to take Mark’s 30 day Primal challenge and tweak it for our purposes. We’ve got a few events coming up early summer that we want to look our best for, the first of which is in just over 6 weeks.. So 6 week challenge it is!
Our aims are to lose body fat, get fitter, and just generally improve our health. However, we are more likely to reach our goals if they are SMART:
So, here they are:
- We will spend the 6 weeks to 6th April 2009 acting as if we have a 100% Primal lifestyle
- We will not eat bread, pasta, rice, cereal, or other simple carbohydrate in this period
- I will lose 9lbs of body fat in this time (1.5lbs a week – doable), HRP will lose 6lbs
- We will exercise at least 12 times, in a Primal style, in this time (twice a week – doable)
- I will gain 2lbs of lean-muscle in this time, HRP will add 1lb
We will be measuring ourselves against these goals as we go, and at the end of the 6 weeks, and we expect to have achieved all of them.
I’ve taken a set of ‘before’ pictures for motivational purposes – I’m far too embarrassed to release them publicly at this stage, but, if I turn into an Adonis in future, I may reconsider.
Today’s Primal Log
Primal Chap – 226.2lbs, 25.5% body fat
Her Royal Primalness – 146.6lbs, 31.5% body fat
We had our gym induction at our local gym today, so all rather mild (couldn’t really describe it as HIIT). Better then none!
Nothing non-Primal passed our lips.
- Ham and fried-eggs for brunch (approx 300 kcals)
- Primal cookies (approx 280 kcals each)
- Chicken stuffed with garlic-cheese, spinach, and mushroom, wrapped in bacon, with mashed butternut squash and roasted bell peppers (approx 490 kcals per portion)
- Water and cups of tea throughout the day
- Handful of nuts as a snack (almonds, Brazils, hazelnuts, walnuts)
A good day all-told. A little light on the calories for me (approx 1400 kcals), but feeling good. Interested to see how sore I am tomorrow after our light-session..